I met an extraordinarily accomplished woman recently.
She looked like you and me.
Inside, she is very different though.
She has been able to do something that many of us haven’t been able to do. She has created an extraordinary life. A “larger than life”, life. If you understand what I mean.
She worked out exactly what she wanted.
And then she set to work persistently, consistently and with a determined focus.
She said that that is all she ever did.
She even said that she never attempted to do anything difficult.
It all sounded so simple and easy.
I thought about that this for a little while and then thought about… well, if she can do this, we can too.
And that’s good news.
So I decided that I would make one simple decision about what I wanted for this year? Just one.
And then I set to to find a way that I could easily focus every day on creating exactly that one thing.
To begin with, I’ve stopped doing or reading anything that doesn’t or won’t help me to get to this one thing.
I’ve been creating simplicity.
My inbox is nearly empty.
The top of my desk is clear.
I’ve sorted paperwork and have set up new systems.
I’m deliberately doing less of what I don’t want to do.
I’m saying yes to people (and adventures) who will help me get to where it is that I want to go. And no to others.
Today, I even spent an hour reading and having a nap. Just because…
I had time. What a gift!
I’d love to help you to create a sense of focus and calm that will also help you to create your dreams this year.
To do that, I’ve compiled a couple of questions that you can think about to get yourself focused and clear. Like….
- What do I really want?
- What do I want more of?
- What can I let go of?
- What would give me peace of mind?
- What am I passionate about?
- I really want to really live a life filled with richness and gentle adventures with my family and friends.
- Fun, bright conversations, Love and laughter.
- That I’m not good enough and I definitely need to let go of some hurt and the people who have hurt me and my family.
- Knowing that I’m going to be both healthy and financially well as I get older.
- I’m passionate about sharing with others, how they can do this too. I’m passionate about generosity and kindness and I’m also passionate about delicious “farm to plate” food and fabulous gardens. Because I simply love creating beautiful things.
I did have some other answers and what surprised me, was that I’m not ready to share those with you… at least not yet.
How about you?